From: Roland Schwarz (roland.schwarz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-12-20 06:11:43

John Maddock wrote:

>> I suspect any library will show this behaviour when doing a DLL build.
>>
>> Is this effect known? Are the warnings avoidable?
>

> It's known, but the warnings can be suppressed with some #pragmas
> around the derived class.

Wouldn't it be better to change the class to use the __declspec(export)
as others do?
Or would this not solve the problem?
At least I am unsure what would happen when trying to mix DLL and static
boost libs that both derive from noncopyable.

BTW. this seems to me only a special case to a more general question.
When using a DLL version of a class that derives from some other class,
this would force every other lib that uses the same base, also to be
used in DLL version. Is this correct?

Roland