From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-12-23 22:58:52

David Greene wrote:
> I see that a Named Params library has been accepted into Boost. Great!
>
> Is this named template params or named function params?

Function parameters.

http://tinyurl.com/2qtkk

> There's been a named_template_params.hpp in the sandbox for a long
> time. What's going on with that? Is there general interest in a
> named template parameters library?

There has already been a released named_template_params.hpp in
boost/detail "forever".
http://www.boost.org/boost/detail/named_template_params.hpp

IMO named template parameters are unweildy in C++. I prefer "unnamed
template parameters" like those described in
http://www.boost.org/libs/python/doc/v2/class.html

As a matter of fact, I was just looking into how to extend our named
parameters library to handle unnamed function parameters.
http://www.boost.org/libs/python/doc/v2/def.html

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting