Date: 2004-12-25 05:07:10

Hi, (and merry holidays to those that celebrate them :)

>> - The Grid
>
> A grid is an example of a layout manager. Generic support should be
> added for layout managers and allow you to add managers such as
> grid-layouts. Another layout is a flow layout, for example, adding

I would like to take the concept of layout managers a lot further.

Basically a layout is nothing but a particular strategy to calculate the
size and position of a set of widgets. The grid layout is one of them.

Others are docking mechanisms, or autohide/unhide windows as you see
them in Visual Studio for example: a window that shows itself when you
hover with the mouse pointer over its tab for a while and that hides
itself again when a different window gets the focus.

These too are size/position handlers. So I'd rather think along
positioning strategies rather than have a 'Grid'. A Grid is too low an
abstraction.

Regards

Hajo

Lit Window Library - Speed up GUI coding 10x
   http://www.litwindow.com/library?src=ml

wxVisualSetup - integrate wxWidgets into Visual Studio .NET
   http://www.litwindow.com/Products/products.html?src=ml

BugLister - Defect Tracker
   http://www.litwindow.com/buglister?src=ml

Tips & Tricks for wxWidgets & MS Visual Studio
   http://www.litwindow.com/Knowhow/knowhow.html?src=ml