From: Brian Braatz (brianb_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-12-26 17:05:02

Thank you for your help that looks like EXCATLY what the doctor prescribed :)

We MIGHT have some missing files? I am about to convert to boost 1.32 I am still on 1.31. In the 1.31 zip file I downloaded (and am using), the header does not exist in the utility dir. I grepped the boost tree for result_of and only found one comment in transform_iterator.hpp which is stated as a question ("do we need to adjust the way function_object_result is computed for the standard proposal (e.g. using Doug's result_of)?") (line 64).

The link to the web page you sent me points to a HPP file. This file does not seem to exist in utility. For experimenting, I copied the file referenced in the page below to boost\utility. It complained on the line

 #include <boost/mpl/has_xxx.hpp>

That has_xxx.hpp does not exist.

Is it possible the file got dropped somehow? (it would be a shame for such a useful template to be "lost")

Thanks again for your help.

Brian