From: Joel de Guzman (joel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-12-27 22:31:42

Dave Handley wrote:

> I've changed the Spirit grammar to use the symbol parser, and dropped
the time from 40-50 seconds to about 6-7 seconds. Thanks for the tip.

There might be some more (marginal) improvements to the grammar.
See my other post. Anyway, you might be interested to know that
informal tests of a toy Spirit-2 sample gives as much as 10X
improvement over classic Spirit. There was even a case where
a Spirit-2 scheme gave a 20X speed over classic Spirit.

Anyway, as I said, I'm very interested with your lexer.
Would you be interested in a collaboration?

<< pardon me if this is a duplicate. I'm having some trouble
posting to gman >>

Regards,

--
Joel de Guzman