From: Alan Gutierrez (alan-boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-12-29 14:48:46

* Reece Dunn <msclrhd_at_[hidden]> [2004-12-29 14:39]:

> All of these UI object forms need to be supported, including bindings to
> different platforms/APIs. I see the basic UI object heirarchy as:
>
> ui::object
> ui::frame
> ui::form
> ui::main_frame
> ui::popup
> ui::widget
> ui::textfield
> ui::textarea
> ui::button
> ui::grid
> ui::table
> ui::layout_manager
> ui::flow_layout
>
> Here, I want to keep the UI object heirarchy as simple as possible. That
> is, the heirarchy is not dependant on platform specifics, but the UI
> object group to which the object belongs.

    I'd steer clear of an object heirarchy. The requirements you put
    forward indicate that a hierarchy is the wrong abstaction. I
    don't see why a main_frame has to be a decendant of the same root
    object as a layout_manager.

--
Alan Gutierrez - alan_at_[hidden]