From: Reece Dunn (msclrhd_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-12-31 04:26:48

christopher diggins wrote:
> On the subject of GUI object hierarchies, I wanted to bring to
> everyone's attention the Boost Interfaces Library (BIL) currently being
> developed by Jonathan Turkanis which could be an excellent tool for
> building a flexible and efficient GUI library. There is a brief
> introduction to the library on the Boost wiki (
> http://www.crystalclearsoftware.com/cgi-bin/boost_wiki/wiki.pl?Boost.Interfaces
> )
>
> The code for declaring the interfaces would look like this:
>
> BOOST_IDL_BEGIN(ILabel)
> BOOST_IDL_CONST_FN0(GetText, string)
> BOOST_IDL_CONST_FN0(GetAlignment, align_T)
> BOOST_IDL_END(ILabel)

What I am trying to get working is:

15: BOOST_IDL_BEGIN(IUIObject)
16: BOOST_IDL_FN4(move, void, g::metric, g::metric, g::metric, g::metric)
17: BOOST_IDL_FN2(move, void, g::metric, g::metric)
18: inline void move( g::point p )
19: {
20: move( p.x, p.y );
21: }
22: BOOST_IDL_END(IUIObject)

with the latest CVS of Boost, but with msvc-8.0, I get:

phase1.cpp(16): error C2061: syntax error : identifier
'BOOST_PP_TUPLE_ELEM_2_0'
phase1.cpp(16): see reference to class template instantiation
'IUIObject_interface_impl_::generator_impl<Derived_,Flags_,Base_>::tracker_<boost::mpl::int_<N>,Dummy_>::type::interface_functions<XXX_>'
being compiled
with
[
N=1
]

Any suggestions? Is there a version of the BIL that works with the CVS
version (or 1.33) of Boost? And is the above valid, since this is the
kind of thing I want?

Regards,
Reece