From: Pavel Vozenilek (pavel_vozenilek_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-01-02 07:15:45

"Matt S Trentini" wrote:

> What I'm suggesting (though not very clearly!) is that we work together to
> make wxWidgets 3.x. Maybe we call it boost-gui. Or boost-wxgui.
> Whatever.
>
> We can leverage off the huge body of existing GUI code that they have
> while helping to redesign the API's/design to "modernise" the library.

LitWindow library from Hajo Kirchhoff looks as step
in this direction. If sucessfull, maybe its API could be used
to wrap other GUI toolkits as well.

> It's always hard trying to get two seperate groups of people working
> toward a common goal but in this case it seems that our interests are
> heading along similar paths...
>
> What do people think? Is it worth starting to open channels to see if
> such a collaboration is possible? Do we want a collaboration or do we
> want more stringent control? If we were to collaborate what would be the
> guidelines (license, decision making, ownership etc)? Do we think the
> wxWidgets devs are the right ones to be collaborating with?

I remember people suggested wxWidgets can reuse
bind/function/signal, back when it was considered as CBX GUI.

What problem is to take/rip these parts from Boost?

> PS Another (less tasteful) alternative is that we could fork from their
> mainline and start hacking wxWidgets into what we believe it should be.
> I'd only be interested in this option if the collaboration option had been
> exhausted.

http://www.free-soft.org/guitool/

/Pavel