From: Doug Gregor (dgregor_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-01-07 10:42:56

On Jan 7, 2005, at 10:01 AM, David Abrahams wrote:
> Douglas Gregor wrote:
>> We've now had a user request that could be solved by adding a
>> BOOST_NO_RTTI macro, that (when set) would disable Boost's use of
>> constructs that use run-time type information (dynamic_cast, typeid,
>> etc.), similar to our BOOST_NO_EXCEPTIONS.
>>
>> http://lists.boost.org/MailArchives/boost-users/msg09240.php
>>
>> I'll plan to add it unless there is violent disagreement.
>
> I thought BOOST_NO_XXX macros, where XXX is as standard C++ feature,
> were supposed to be _detection_ macros (?)

Okay, so let's have BOOST_NO_RTTI defined when the compiler/environment
does not support RTTI, and we can use it to turn off use of RTTI in
some Boost components :)

But Peter is right, there are macros here... perhaps BOOST_NO_RTTI and
BOOST_NO_DYNAMIC_RTTI, with the former implying the latter.

        Doug