From: Gennadiy Rozental (gennadiy.rozental_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-01-07 14:22:19

> fstream f("c:\\tmp.txt");
> stringstream s;
> HelloWorldProgram() > f > UpperCaseProgram() > s;
>
> Is there any interest in this kind of library, for boost? I am using it
for
> writing test and demonstration programs of libraries, but I think it has a
> lot of other uses.
>
> The source code and a more detailed explanation is at
> http://www.codeproject.com/useritems/program-objects.asp

I gave it a quick look. For one thing naming completely misleading. I expect
"Program" word to be used in system calls invocation domain. It we would
stick to proper naming, I believe iostream library already doing exactly
what you are trying to do here (but much better, since it does not require
inheritance! to implement filters)

Gennadiy