From: christopher diggins (cdiggins_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-01-08 14:47:29

> Jeff Garland wrote:
>
>>=== Overview Of Proposed Process ===
>>
>>* Learn about Boost.
>>* Determine interest.

The current process for determining interest is frustrating, and I think
inaccurate. I believe people are shy about posting to the list simply to say
whether or not they are interested. This leaves people like me in the dark.
I know that I am shy about posting my interest in libraries on this list,
and I am too busy/lazy to email the individuals, if I only care somewhat.

Just for the record: I like the idea of a polynomial library, the currency
library, the singleton library (but preferably as part of an entire design
pattern library), the gui library (as long as it is as easily adapted to be
compatible with existing libraries, for me ideally a boost::gui would be
very abstract and would act as a front end to arbitrary widget system X)

It would be really nice if the interest could be polled somehow on the wiki.
There are literally dozens of free software for managing polls. Would the
wiki webmaster consider adding some kind of functionality to create polls? I
would propose a system whereby people could rate the interest 1 to 5.

Christopher Diggins
http://www.cdiggins.com
http://www.heron-language.com