From: Noel Llopis (nll_pub_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-01-09 21:11:43

Gennadiy Rozental wrote:
> Boost.Test does support fixtures. At least in a sense author using this
> term. Noel found proper thread in mailing list to refer, but made
> completely wrong conclusion from it. To implement fixtures one needs to
> use constructor and destructor *for fixture*.

Thanks for pointing that out, Gennadiy. After so many years of using NUnit
setup/teardown, I was missing the obvious way of doing the same thing in
C++. I've updated the article to reflect that fixtures are perfectly
possible with Boost.Test.

http://www.gamesfromwithin.com/articles/0412/000061.html

With that, Boot.Test definitely makes it to my list of finalists. The only
two drawbacks I see are the reliance of some of the other Boost libraries
(it would be ideal if something this low level could be fully
self-contained), and the verbosity needed to create suites.

Cheers.

--Noel
Games from Within
http://www.gamesfromwithin.com