From: Dave Handley (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-01-10 14:26:25

<Jason Hise wrote>

> Yay, I finally got the singleton working with allocation and lifetime
> policies, in addition to being in CRTP form. I know that threading
> policies still remain, however I would like an opinion on what I have so
> far. A major difference from Loki is that my lifetime policy needs to
> know about the allocation policy in order for dependencies to be
> possible to implement. The code is available here:

Jason,

Great work - I've been away from the list for a couple of days so sorry I
didn't get back sooner, but I think you have definitely gone the right way
with what you've done up to now. My recommendations for things to look at
include:

1) Allocate using malloc as another creation policy
2) Longevity lifetimes
3) Possibly include the ability to turn off phoenix singletons in the
dependency lifetime policy.
4) Threading.

With all of those, you've almost certainly exceed Loki - especially if you
can do them without have to link to any external code.

Dave Handley