From: Jonathan Turkanis (technews_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-01-10 18:43:08

Jeff Garland wrote:

>>> You don't _have_ to choose, but then you could do better than the
>>> status quo.
>>
>> Okay, I'll hold off adding iostreams to CVS while I think about it
>> some more.
>
> Sorry, still catching up on holiday email. Did a decision get made
> on this yet? Because I'd really hate to see the last conclusion:
> 'holding off on adding iostreams'.

What I meant was I'd think about it some more before adding the library... I've
now thought about it, and decided to use directory and namespace iostreams. So I
will added it shortly.

(I don't think there will be many problems porting iostreams, since I've already
tested it on most of the supported platforms)

Jonathan