From: Timo Geusch (timo_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-01-12 16:49:46

I'm still playing about, trying to get boost to compile on my Solaris 9 box
with the 5.5 SUN compiler. As there is no compiler configuration yet for the
5.5 compiler I tried to run 'configure' in libs/config/tools to generate a
user.hpp file.

Unfortunately the installed configure assumes that 'tr' knows how to handle
character classes. The one on the Solaris 9 box I've got at work doesn't, so
trying to use configure to create a user/compiler specific configuration does
produce no meaningful output as all the tests fail.

The attached patch to boost_1_32_0/libs/config/tools/configure.in fixes
that problem for the price of dumbing down the tr invocation.

A 'configure' patched along the same lines (the box doesn't have autoconf
installed) produced the desired output which will hopefully allow me to get a
bit further building boost on the 5.5 compiler.

Regards,

Timo