From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-01-12 17:25:50

At 05:06 PM 1/12/2005, David Abrahams wrote:

>> Should I add index.html and delete index.htm?
>
>I'll ask again: is there some reason that index.html isn't just a
>redirect to index.htm? That would seem to be the simplest solution.

IIRC, I tried that and it wasn't a useful solution. I've forgotten if it
totally didn't work or just had performance problems. I have a vague
recollection of very slow redirection. For reasons I don't understand,
Appache seems to treat the root directory differently, and that may affect
both functionality and performance.

--Beman