From: Neal Coombes (nealc_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-01-13 10:58:41

I just wanted to ping Doug to see if there are any updates on the
performance of signals.

I also noticed pretty drastic memory performance. Although I haven't
benchmarked it thoroughly, I decided to rip out our systems current
observer pattern and replace it with signals. For our more ubiquitous
app, the memory consuption rose from 110 MB to 350 MB. Even after
lazily instantiating Signals through scoped_ptr so they only exist if
their specifically connected to, the memory consuption was still at
240MB. (This is all using boost-1.31, gcc-3.3.2, Solaris 9).

While I try to figure out where all this memory is being used: Has
anyone had any experience with using numerous signals in a large system
and found any technique for reducing the impact on memory?

Thanks,
Neal