From: Jason Hise (chaos_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-01-13 18:20:05

Deane Yang wrote:

> Martin Slater wrote:
>

>> Just going to jump out from lurk mode for a second here, hope you
>> don't mind me butting in;) I really don't get what the problem with
>> dependencies on boost is. The whole point of boost as I see it is a
>> big repository of well developed and proven portable code, subverting
>> this just brings all the associated maintenence problems of having
>> effectively duplicated code.
>

> I'm another lurker who agrees with this.

Alright, I will agree that I should use boost if my library naturally
requires it. The difficulty I am having is that only one special policy
in my library requires it, not the singleton framework itself. I just
want to split apart these dependencies. You know, the whole "only pay
for what you use" thing. It seems like the most natural way to do this
would be to just put this policy and any others that required boost in a
separate header, like "boost_singleton_extensions.h"

-Jason