From: Jason Hise (chaos_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-01-13 18:58:32

I have a question about the longevity lifetime. Does such a lifetime
only manage destruction order, or should it also manage order of
creation? The way I'm currently implementing my longevity lifetime
policy, there would be a master function in the
LongevityManagerSingleton which would set the 'creation level'. This
would basically create singletons up to this level or destroy them down
to this level, so that all singletons at a given level could be assured
that singletons with a smaller longevity number existed for their entire
lifetime. Example:

A has longevity 0, B = 1, C = 2, D = 3, E = 4

Upon setting the creation level to 3, A would be created, then B, then
C, then D. Subsequently setting the creation level to 1 would destroy
D, then destroy C.

Is this anything like what the users of a longevity lifetime would like,
or am I completely off track here?

-Jason