From: troy d. straszheim (troy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-01-14 13:18:16
troy d. straszheim writes: [in another thread]
> There are several different classes of problems, that I can see. I
> forget which files suffer from which problems at the moment.
> - a number of tests that excite the same or a similar compiler bug as
> basic_xml_grammar.ipp did, the compile never finishes, while the
> compiler leaks memory.
I worked these out in the filesystem lib, they were of the "compile
never finishes", not the "run never finishes" variety. Hard to say if
these two were compiler "bugs", per se, but they took forever to
compile and the compiler took up >1G memory, not workable.
These two files each just needed to be split in half, that's all.
Compiler vsize tops out at <600M. I also took one of the big
if-blocks that was if (platform == "Windows") and made it #if defined
( BOOST_WINDOWS ), to hide more code from the compiler. Effect is the
I've put the split files and Jamfile at
and the darwin-tools.jam file with the linker flags fix (for static
linking the test lib) is at
more on the other problems as they come available....
troy d. straszheim
Boost list run by bdawes at acm.org, gregod at cs.rpi.edu, cpdaniel at pacbell.net, john at johnmaddock.co.uk