From: troy d. straszheim (troy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-01-16 09:52:58

Beman Dawes wrote:
> At 05:46 PM 1/15/2005, Rene Rivera wrote:
> >Would a temporary "#undef NDEBUG" in Boost.Config, activated only while
> >testing, work?
>
> It is possible there may be cases where the #undef NDEBUG should only
> apply to <cassert>. So it might be better if it were given explicitly in
> the test program.

Might the most straightforward thing be for test modules to have their
own NDEBUG-ignorant assert macro? The vast majority of the work could
just get done with a perl one-liner. I would expect people to forget to
add the #undef NDEBUG, and then you just get more tests creeping in that
don't do anything.

-troy