From: christopher diggins (cdiggins_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-01-17 15:52:47

----- Original Message -----
From: "Brian Braatz" <brianb_at_[hidden]>
> Chris, I suggest to you that you get a copy of the book Modern C++ and
> really give it a good read. It covers a lot of the new techniques now
> available to us because our compilers are now more compliant. We don't
> have to live in the stone ages anymore (applause!).
>
> I really get the sense, that if you were to take the time to understand
> some of the newer ideas on how to write code, you might not feel like
> everyone is disagreeing with you on this list. There are a number of
> mind blowing things that can be done with Generic Programming, but you
> first have to get your head into it and you have to be willing to accept
> new ideas.

It is hard to not be insulted by your suggestions that I don't understand
the topics, that I am unwilling to accept new ideas, and that I need to read
more books. I have said it before on this list, and I will say it to you: I
would suggest that you do not jump to conclusions about my (or anyone
else's) lack of knowledge on a subject. I am far more familiar with generic
programming than you probably realize. This kind of innuendo accomplishes
little, except aggravation. It also makes the Boost mailing list a very
inhospitable place.

Christopher Diggins
Object Oriented Template Library (OOTL)
http://www.ootl.org