From: Hurd, Matthew (hurdm_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-01-18 11:42:33

> Behalf Of Hartmut Kaiser

<snip>

> I've tried to get my hands on the cited papers, but was able to find
only
> one of them. Could you provide a concrete pointer where to get the
Tong
> paper from?

The University of Auckland does not have the Uzgalis, Todd technical
report "Hashing Myths" online.

An overview presentation that is enough to get going is here:
        http://www.iticse2002.dk/conference/sessionmat/algorithms/1.pdf

>From the first slide:

    The work presented here is almost entirely
    due to Robert Uzgalas ("Buz"), who single
    handedly reinvented hashing in the early
    1990s.

    For reasons unknown, Robert never
    disseminated his work to the wide audience
    that it deserved. His paper, "Hashing Myths"
    remains unpublished, and his results are
    virtually unknown.

Here is a snippet related by one of the authors, R. Uzgalis
        http://www.serve.net/buz/hash.adt/java.000.html

Hope that helps,

Matt Hurd.