From: Jeff Flinn (TriumphSprint2000_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-01-21 10:46:28

Joaquín Mª López Muñoz wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm considering the possibility of devising a new type of index
> for Boost.MultiIndex with random-access capabilities, modeled
> pretty much after the interface of std::vector (with some significant
> pros and cons.) The basic features of such an index would be:

> My questions are:
>
> A. Is there interest in having this in Boost.MultiIndex? I wouldn't
> like to add stuff just for the fun of it.

Definitely! I've been thinking about replacing the internals of a display
Table class that is derived from the MFC ListView class. I need random
access when the user does in place editing, while also needing to allow
ordering by multiple indices when the user clicks on a column header.

> B. Any suggestion for the name of such an index?

Off the top of my head:

- positional_index
- vectored_index
- random_access_index