From: Jeff Garland (jeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-01-22 10:26:11

On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 10:07:19 -0500, Jody Hagins wrote

> and so on. As you can see, it ignores the --builddir command line
> option. This is the source of my first confusion since the
> documentation indicates that bjam will "find" the Jamrules for the
> project (which it obviously does, or it would not know how to build
> everything, I imagine).
>
> I get similar behavior in other subdirectories. Since running in a
> subdir is probably common, I imagine I am missing something,...

I don't know if this will help, but I think the source of you problem is
--builddir. When I run tests for date_time I simply change to
libs/date_time/test and type

bjam --verbose-test

I don't build the library first. Since the tests depend on the library bjam
dutifully builds them somewhere into BOOST_ROOT/bin/.... verbose-test makes
the output of the test be displayed during execution.

> In addition, I will need to do something "special" in the test, and I
> can ont find a good example in other test Jamfiles. For my test, I need
> to create a shared library locally for testing, but I do not want it
> installed anywhere. I simply need it for testing the dll code
> ability to open/close/find symbols.

You'll need a bjam guru for that one....

HTH,

Jeff