From: Phil Richards (news_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-02-01 13:24:48

On 2005-01-31, Andy Little <andy_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> 1)Unfortunately not every one has the luxury. Many incoherent units exist in
> many real world situations, where errors cost money and worse.

Indeed. But, again, many people only need/want dimensional analysis.
My/our project is one of them. We've only been doing it with a
dimensional analysis setup for 3 years, so we've probably not found
all the limits yet.

> 2)Even within SI a quantity can be expressed in various units.

But even then there is only one dimensionality. If all you are
interested in is dimensionality, then everything is hunky dory.

Really, it is that simple for many people. I accept that there are
also probably many who want unit conversion and checking as well,
but even they would probably like *something* rather than nothing.

*shrug* Back to lurk mode.

phil

--
change name before "@" to "phil" for email