From: Jared McIntyre (jmcintyre_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-02-01 18:11:40

> This is almost surely an issue of the library build settings out of sync
> with the program build settings. The included VC7 IDE projects might be out
> of sync with the bjam builds. here are some other things to try
>
> a) from with in the serialization/test directory, invoke the batch file with
> the argument vc-7_1 . This should build all the libraries, demos and tests
> for the serialization libary with a consistent set of settings.
> b) If the above works, move the libraries from where they are build
> boostdir/bin/... etc to you favorite local spot and alter thid IDE projects
> to point to them.
> c) Note that I have found that the IDE projects with the VC 7.1 IDE often
> report a non-sensical error when I try to bring them up. This can be fixed
> by going to the build menu item and selecting configuration setup and
> explictly selectinga configureuation. The problem then goes away for a
> while. Its an VC IDE thing.

I built out everything in test as suggested (there were a few that failed, but don't appear to be related). I then
took the library built in libs\serialization\build\libboost_serialization.lib\vc-7_1\debug\threading-multi and moved
it to my build location. I ended up getting the same failure. To make sure that my build was picking up the library at
link, I added it as a resource to the project, and it continued to have the failure (so I'm sure my project is linking
to the library). Is there any more information I could give you about my setup that might help?

Jared