From: Jonathan Turkanis (technews_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-02-02 00:31:14

Matthew Vogt wrote:
> On Tue, 1 Feb 2005 20:37:18 -0700, "Jonathan Turkanis"
> <technews_at_[hidden]> said:
>
>> I'm sympathetic to this point of view. The reason it doesn't seem so
>> bad to me
>> is that only a relatively small part of coding with BIL is actually
>> defining
>> interfaces; the code which uses the interfaces is just ordinary C++.
>
> Yeah, but in order to write any ordinary C++ using an interface, you
> must first (mentally) parse the interface.

True.

> Yes, you won't write much
> IDL, but it will be read many times...

You can always write the pseudocode together with the interface:

  /*
       struct Interface
      {
         void print(ostream&, int) const;
      };
  */

 BOOST_IDL_BEGIN(Interface)
    BOOST_IDL_CONST_FN2(print, void, ostream&, int)
 BOOST_IDL_END(Interface)

Of course, you run the risk that they will get out of sync.

> BTW, cool library.

Thanks.

> Matt

Jonathan