From: Pavel Vozenilek (pavel_vozenilek_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-02-02 13:13:02

"Mikhail Glushenkov" wrote:

>>Yes. You can find current implementation in shmem
>>library in Files section
> Well, there is actually another(probably better) implementation
> in yahoo groups files section, which includes also set-like container.
> Unfortunately, it was abandoned for some reason.

Probably lack of time.

> The version that Shmem uses was copied from Loki nearly verbatim.
> What I want is to finish that first implementation (though I
> intend to make it simpler), so I need to know what people want
> from container like this besides what Loki's AssocVector has to offer.

One feature may be to have policy
{ KeepKeysAndValuesTogether, KeepKeysSeparate }
so the lookup could be faster (the key table would better
fit the cache.

Another is to have equivalent of "Boost.SmartContainers"
functionality.

Support for Serialization.

Another is more optimized bulk insert than in Loki.

/Pavel