From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-02-03 15:39:34

add_facet got added to address a short-coming of the older dinkumware
library. It would not really be needed except for this.

As to why I did it they way I did - I don't remember. I would guess that I
didn't want any more copying than necessary and this implementation worked
fine for me.

If you want to make version similar to that which you propose and put it an
agreed upon public place, I can eventually included your more generally
usual formulation

Robert Ramey