From: Jason Hise (chaos_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-02-03 17:35:43

Just a status update on the singleton/multiton library, so that people
know I am still alive ;). After much chaos trying to write a multiton
longevity lifetime policy, I had the sudden realization that both
singletons and multitons should be able to play nicely together. Thus,
I am writing a single(ton) class to manage a priority queue of
shared_ptrs to nodes. The longevity policies will derive privately from
their respective dependency policies, and create their own derived node
types which hold dependencies. As the inheritance is private, these
will be the only dependencies in existence. Both multitons and
singletons will be destroyed as the dependency-holding nodes are popped
in the destructor of the instance registry, which itself will have a
static dependency to ensure existence for the entire lifetime of the
program.

Thoughts and suggestions, as always, are welcome.

-Jason