From: Michiel Salters (michiel.salters_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-02-04 09:54:26

The class options_description_easy_init is supposed to
provide "convenient creation syntax to option_description"
but I find it's a bit less convenient than advertised.
The problem is that the class isn't documented, and
that's a serious problem if you take raw pointers.

I found out that a value_semantic object was being
desroyed by a shared_ptr<value_semantic> dtor, even
though I had passed the address of a local object.

Besides the fact that it's undocumented, shouldn't it
take a shared_ptr<value_semantic> in the first place?
The orginal owner miught like to keep a pointer to
the object as well.

( I'm porting Wave to boost 1.32, so I'm not writing the
 program_options code from scratch. Even so, I found the
 documentation under par - wouldn't use it myself. For
 instance, the 'overview' section talks a lot about
 the value_semantic class but uses the value<T> class. )

Regards,
Michiel Salters