From: Paul Baxter (pauljbaxter_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-02-04 14:45:24

"Gennadiy Rozental" <gennadiy.rozental_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
>> > That's why I am have very limitted amount of time when I could make
>> > changes
>> > and do not want to wait for weeks after announcement making sure
>> > everybody
>> > had time/ heard about it.
>>
>> Understood. Would waiting to remove 3 deprecated macros really have
>> slowed you down any?
>
> It wouldn't slow me but extend a time I am making changes.

Rather than make this a one-way critique of Gennadiy, I for one am glad that
he can find the time to make changes in what is a very important part of
Boost.

Given that these macros were deprecated a long time ago and documented as
such, the only critique I can level is that other boost library developers
didn't act on this advice sooner.

I'm grateful to everybody in boost of course, but sometimes I'm ashamed at
the level of criticism being thrown at individuals with a proven track
record in boost.