From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-02-05 17:50:46

At 01:31 PM 2/5/2005, David B. Held wrote:

>> * RapidSVN doesn't save location on exit, so every time you start it up

>> you have to navigate to wherever you want to be. It also crashed on me
>> several times. My sense is it is a nice piece of software, but also
very
>> immature as yet.
>
>That's probably true. Which is why you should take a look at
>TortoiseSVN. ;)

OK...

Yep, TortoiseSVN seems much more mature than RapidSVN. It reduced the
checkout byte count to something fairly reasonable, etc.

The reason I prefer a separate client to the explore plug-in is to be able
to see the branch/tag. That prevents mistakes due to me being confused
about which branch/tag/revision is currently the working copy for a file.
Perhaps that isn't a problem with Subversion, or there is a way to get
TortoiseSVN to display the current branch/tag, or at least some indication
that the current copy is not the HEAD.

Thanks,

--Beman