From: Benjohn (benjohn_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-02-07 07:27:05

On 7 Feb 2005, at 11:03, John Maddock wrote:

>> Compiling with xcode on OS X, and targeting a cocoa, objective c++
>> application, we've had some configuration trouble with boost
>> (shared_ptr in particular) not compiling with multithreaded support.
>
> I've attached an updated macos.hpp based on some help provided by the
> folks at Metrowerks (big thanks to Howard Hinnant), which I believe
> will solve you gcc based problems as well, can you test this please?

Sorry not to reply to your questions about Mac thread availability; I'd
be unable to give correct and authoritative answers. If you need more
information, I'd be happy to try and find it out from the xcode list,
or perhaps from some of the Omni folks.

I've tried that patch out for our scode configuration, and it is
correctly turning on thread support (if I include
boost/config/requires_threads.hpp, I don't get an error), so it
certainly fixes the configuration problem we were having.

Cheers, and thanks very much for your time,
        Benj