From: Brian Braatz (brianb_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-02-07 14:47:58

wrote:

> code

[Dave Abrahams]
> Yes, we still have compilers with
> BOOST_NO_TEMPLATE_PARTIAL_SPECIALIZATION. Not every library has
> officially dropped support for vc6/7 yet.

[Brian Braatz]

Humble request from the "Front Lines" :)

Please continue supporting vc7. I am currently in the unenviable
position of BACK PORTING code that uses boost from vc7.1 to vc7. The
first thing to go was lambda. The funny thing is about 6 months ago I
was thinking it seemed silly to keep things like boost.bind around. But
now I am using that heavily instead of lambda.

My situation is we have 1.7 million lines of code we are trying to
upgrade. Unfortunately we have about 40-50 people who have had vc7
purchased for them by the project and we do not have the budget to
upgrade compilers.

Vc7 is, in my opinion probably (unfortunately) still a compiler many
folks are stuck with.