From: Nagender Parimi (nkparimi_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-02-08 03:08:56

Hi,

I am looking for a static list of types, albeit one in which the order
of types does not matter. I have looked into the Metaprogramming
library (MPL) and some related work in BGL on property lists, but
could not find anything that would make the list unordered (though
they do provide a static type-list). To clarify what I mean, using the
MPL:

typedef boost::mpl::vector<float, int> type1;
typedef boost:mpl::vector<int, float> type2;

the above usage makes type1 and type2 distinct types since the
ordering of types matters. Is there a library compenent with which I
can construct a static list of types (just like usage of
boost:mpl::vector above) and can query for presence or absence of a
type, making the order irrelevant?

Furthermore, I would prefer this presence/absence check to be resolved
compile-time. The reason for this requirement is that I wish to use
this presence/absence test as means by which the compiler can call the
appropriate specialized functions for this static list.

thanks,
Nagender