From: Hartmut Kaiser (HartmutKaiser_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-02-09 13:21:20

Jonathan Turkanis wrote:

> I have a potential use for it.
>
> I am considering writing a Spirit-based IDL compiler for the
> the interfaces library which would accept pseudocode as input
> (see http://tinyurl.com/5oj6n) and output C++ class
> definitions. Using Wave I could allow the pseudocode input to
> contain preprocessing directives.

FYI, the submitted library contains the waveidl sample, which shows how to
use the preprocessor library in conjunction with a custom lexer and for this
reason contains an IDL lexer which may be used as a starting point for you.

Additionally, the pair of iterators exposed by the wave::context<> object
are directly usable as the input iterators for Spirit.

Regards Hartmut