From: Dan Nuffer (dan-boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-02-10 00:46:54

Tom Brinkman wrote:
> * What is your evaluation of the design?

I think it's good.

> * What is your evaluation of the implementation?

Very good. Hartmut's work is high quality.

> * What is your evaluation of the documentation?

I haven't read it in detail, but after skimming it, it seems complete
and accurate.

> * What is your evaluation of the potential
> usefulness of the library?

While most developers may not find it useful, it could be indispensable
for others, and will hopefully serve as a building block for more
powerful c++ tools.

> * Did you try to use the library? With what
> compiler?

No.

> * How much effort did you put into your
> evaluation?
> A glance? A quick reading? In-depth study?

I have been following the development of Wave ever since Hartmut started
it. I paid more attention when he first started, but have been keeping
an eye on it in the past few years.

> * Are you knowledgeable about the problem domain?

To an extent. I know Spirit fairly well, and I originally wrote the c++
lexers Wave uses. Obviously Hartmut has improved them, and Wave
actually drove some of the features of SLex.

> And finally, every review should answer this question:
>
> * Do you think the library should be accepted as a
> Boost library?

Yes

--
Dan Nuffer