From: christopher diggins (cdiggins_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-02-10 09:26:10

I have updated the profiler library to take into account many of the
excellent suggestions. I have tried to give acknowledgements where it is
due, please let me know if I have overlooked anyone.

The latest version is at: http://www.cdiggins.com/profiler

The major changes are:
- defining BOOST_PROFILING_OFF causes all member calls to become empty
statements
- basic_profiler now has three policies: logging, stats, timer
- profiler now supports: restart, stop, pause, resume, generate_report
- fixed QueryPerformanceCounter() api bug in HighResolutionTimer

If you have brought an issue up previously (or think of a new one) which you
feel is a significant omission of this library and would affect whether or
not you could use it, please feel free to bring it up again.

I am still looking for a posix high-resolution timer. Hartmut suggested a
couple of Posix timers which he got off of Google, which unfortunately were
unusable: one was GPL'ed and the other lacked source code. Gennadiy said
there were some on the mailing list (I couldn't find ), and that he uses one
in the CVS but I don't know how to use the CVS. I also can not test Posix
timers, since I only use visual C++. I believe that perhaps boost::date_time
contains a good resolution timer, but I can't tell.

Christopher Diggins
Object Oriented Template Library (OOTL)
http://www.ootl.org