From: christopher diggins (cdiggins_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-02-10 17:42:50

----- Original Message -----
From: "Gennadiy Rozental" <gennadiy.rozental_at_[hidden]>
To: <boost_at_[hidden]>
Sent: Thursday, February 10, 2005 5:16 PM
Subject: [boost] Re: Re: Re: Re: Latest version of the profiler

>> > 1. Profiler type 1
>> > Log clock units and report mks into ostream
>> > 2. Profiler type 2
>> > Log system/user time anf reports into Boost.Test log
>> >
>> > Both profiler I want to be able to use as scoped or accumulating.
>> >
>> > Gennadiy
>>
>> Can you please be more specific. I don't understand what you want and
>> precisely what the problem is. I am pretty sure we have different ideas
>> of
>> what a "report" is and what it means to "log".
>
> 1. Profiler type 1
> Collect clock units and report mks into ostream
> 2. Profiler type 2
> Collect system/user time anf reports into Boost.Test log
>
> Both profiler I want to be able to use as scoped or accumulating.
>
> Gennadiy

Gennadiy,

Your post makes almost as little sense as before, simply changing "Log" to
"Collect" doesn't help me out much. What you wrote is virtually
incomprehensible! It seems to me that you aren't really making an effort to
help me out here.

What does "report mks into ostream" mean? When do you want to do these
reports? What do you want reported. As far as I can tell you can do this
with my code. Why do you think you can't? How and when do you want to
"collect system/user time"? Why would you want to log it? How would you
report it? And why can't you do this with the current library? Is "anf" some
kind of acronym?

If you don't want to take the time to respond to my questions carefully, and
respectfully than I would ask that you simply don't respond. I am at the
limit of my patience with your negative attitude and lack of courtesy.

Christopher Diggins
Object Oriented Template Library (OOTL)
http://www.ootl.org