From: Douglas Gregor (dgregor_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-02-11 08:58:36

I'm trying to determine how widely used named slot groups are in the
Signals library. I would appreciate it if I could get some feedback on
if they're used, how they're used, etc. In particular:

        (1) Do you use named slot groups?
        (2) Did the FIFO ordering guarantees in 1.32.0 and the ability to add
to the front or back of the slot list alleviate the need for named slot
groups?
        (3) If performance of connection/disconnection of named slot groups
were to get worse (e.g., linear in the number of slots), would it
seriously impact the performance of your application?

of interest to the group.

Background: Signals performance is sub-par, and much of the problem can
be traced back to support for named slot groups. I'm trying to
determine the best way to proceed.

        Thanks,
        Doug