From: Jaakko Järvi (jajarvi_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-02-14 12:25:53

Hi All,

On Feb 14, 2005, at 10:21 AM, Joel de Guzman wrote:

> Yes. Fusion has been here with us for almost 2 years now and
> the code is very mature. I've already used it in a couple of projects
> and it is holding up pretty well. If possible, I'd like to
> transition to it as soon as possible. I tried to contact Jaakko
> a few times. I'm not sure if he received my emails. The
> last time we got in touch, he's very enthusiastic about it.
> In fact, he co-authored the tuples part of Fusion (along
> with Jeremiah Willcock.

Haven't had much time for Boost lately, sorry.
AFAIK fusion tuples should be ready for prime time and are TR1
compatible, against the spec
as it was about a year ago. We were quite careful on that. There's been
a few changes after
that, but mostly they were just stripping of features (like stream
manipulators).
Not sure what to do with such features, should they be thrown away,
provided by including separate headers, ...?

Of course, fusion tuples are not entirely backwards compatible (the old
tuples document and
expose the cons-interface), so we might want to leave the old ones
hanging around as
deprecated features for a couple of release rounds?

Best, Jaakko