From: François Dumont (francois.cppdevs_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-02-14 15:35:58

    This is a MSVC6 bug. When you export a class from a dll the linker try
to find all class methods within the import library and of course fails for
the template methods. Latest STLport library, the 5.0 beta you can get from
CVS using STLPORT_5_0 branch, has a workaround for the std::locale and
std::basic_string classes so your library should build fine with this
version.

    Moreover it would be very usefull if boost was using the STLport 5.0
beta library for its unit tests with some platform/compilers. If you are
interesting don't hesitate to contact me for information on STLport new
features and modifications.

Bests