From: Hartmut Kaiser (HartmutKaiser_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-02-16 07:21:06

Reece Dunn wrote:

> I also encountered problems with the program_option and
> filesystem (in both the tools and lib wave build) locations
> as already noted.

[snip]

Thanks for your problem report. Do you mind to submit a patch of what you've
been doing?

> That done, I have successfully build wave on:
>
> * gcc-3.3
> * msvc-7.1
> * msvc-8.0 - albeit with a lot of deprecated warnings
> relating to sprintf, etc
>
> And get errors when compiling for:
>
> * msvc-7.0 - when building flex_string.hpp:
> 'std::reverse_iterator' - too many template arguments. Note
> that this can be fixed by using boost::reverse_iterator
> (which saves the reverse_iterator detection logic):

Yeah, I know. Wave was never written to be compatible with 'older'
compilers, which may be an issue in the future, but if there is real
interest I'd try to fix it (which should be possible w/o much effort).

> #include <boost/iterator/reverse_iterator.hpp>
>
> // ...
>
> typedef boost::reverse_iterator< iterator > reverse_iterator;
> typedef boost::reverse_iterator< const_iterator >
> const_reverse_iterator;
>
> Note that I haven't tried building with this fix, although it
> should work fine. (It may need the <rtti>off fix for 7.1, though).
>
> Note that I have not tested on msvc-6.5 because it is
> unlikely that wave will compile on it.

Same as above.

> * cw-9.2 - there are a host of errors when building wave
> using Metrowerks CodeWarrior. These relate to:
> * undefined identifier 'time_t' (src/cpplexer/re2clex/cpp.re.cpp)
> * undefined identifiers memcpy, free, etc.
> * const size_t s = e - b; (boost/wave/util/flex_string.hpp)
> implicit 'int' is no longer supported in C++ I think
> that these relate to missing #include and using directives. E.g.
> using std::size_t;
>
> I will look into these errors.

I don't have CW at my hands here, so any help is very appreciated!

Regards Hartmut