From: Edward Diener (eddielee_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-02-17 21:04:09

David B. Held wrote:
> Jonathan Turkanis wrote:
>> David B. Held wrote:
>>
>>> Several of them are quite good, but I'm afraid that none leaps out
>>> at me as "The One". Although, I do have to admit that I kinda like
>>> the idea of a "mascot" for Boost, and as much as I hate to admit it,
>>> I kinda like the idea of "Boo, the friendly ghost".
>>
>> Is there room for two ghosts in the software world?
>>
>> http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~ghost/
>
> Well, there's lots more ghosts than that. There's Norton Ghost as
> well. But the name isn't "ghost". It's "Boo". ;> And eventually,
> even O'Reilly will have to start reusing animals.

Eventually is right, as in after printing a new book each day for thirty
thousand years at least. The number of animal species in existence is far
greater than you imagine. Even if we take only the number of vertebrate
species, which make up a mere 1% or so of the total number of animal
species, I do not think that O'Reilly will run out of animals any time soon.