From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-02-18 10:27:45

"Gennadiy Rozental" <gennadiy.rozental_at_[hidden]> writes:

> I've implemented similar facilities in Boost.Test. Here is how latest (not cometted)version look like (abridged):
>

> Usage look like this:
>
> boost::execution_monitor ex_mon;
>
> ex_mon.register_exception_translator<my_exception>( my_translator );

You didn't show what my_exception looks like.

> ex_mon.execute( function_to_monitor );
>
> Isn't it what you are trying to do?

"Trying?" Of course I'm doing something similar, but I'm confused by
the question: I was the one who pointed this technique out to you.
Surely you grabbed most of your code out of Boost.Python (?)

Anyway, the point of my exercise was to extract the mechanism into an
easy-to-use general-purpose library with as little overhead as
possible (e.g. no dynamic allocations are forced). If we still think
there's a point in having such a general library (at least in detail),
your particular interface choices could be implemented on top of it.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting