From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-02-18 21:36:30

At 03:41 PM 2/16/2005, Larry Evans wrote:
>On 02/16/2005 01:07 PM, Larry Evans wrote:
>> Getting:
>[snip]
>>> boost::filesystem::path: invalid name "c++config.h" in path:
>
>The offending character is probably '+' since, in libs/filesystem/src
>/path_posix_windows.cpp there's this code:
>
> const std::string valid_posix(
> "ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz0123456789._-"
);

>Anybody have suggested workarounds other than adding + to the above
>and remaking (or rebjaming) filesystem?

That wouldn't be the correct fix. '+' is clearly not in the POSIX Portable
Filename Character Set. See
http://www.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/009695399/basedefs/xbd_chap03.html#tag_03_276

The correct fix is to change to a different name checker, possibly native
or no_check.

By the way, this kind of SNAFU is one of the reasons I've decided to remove
the checking functionality from class path. They will still be available as
free functions.

--Beman