From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-02-20 22:40:42

At 03:22 AM 2/20/2005, Andreas Pokorny wrote:

>On Sat, Feb 19, 2005 at 12:41:57PM +0100, Hartmut Kaiser
><HartmutKaiser_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>> You are right! I haven't realised, that the path::operator/=()
implicitly
>> calls the path() constructor when used with a string on the right
sight:

>> fs::path p;
>> std::string s;
>>
>> p /= s; // uses the default name checker here
>>
>> This problem is fixed now (at least for the Windows environment).
>> Thanks!
>Thats the most common problem with boost::fs, whats the rationale behind
>op/= not using the path checker of the existing path object?

It isn't retained.

The problem will go away with the next major revision, which is coming
along nicely. I've successfully created test directories and files on my
Windows XP box that Windows Explorer shows as nice Unicode symbols like a
circle with numbers inside (Unicode 0x2780, etc.)

--Beman