From: Aaron W. LaFramboise (aaronrabiddog51_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-02-21 01:20:19

Mark Deric wrote:

> If we're going to manage processes; we ought to advantage ourselves by
> knowing whether the process is foreign (as in Julio's VC example) or one
> that is in our framework. One might say that this is mixing metaphors,

I personally beleive this is a not a good goal.

For one, to the lesser extent Boost resembles a framework, the better
Boost will integrate with the world in general.

More importantly, it shouldn't matter whether a process is a Boost
process or not. A process represents a set of useful interfaces: IO
streams, synchronization party, IPC peer, virtual memory access, etc.
If it is useful for a process to present something Boost-specific in its
inter-process interface, then let it; but this is only a facet of the
whole interface of the process, and does not make the process suddenly
somehow become intrinsicly a "Boost process."

Please do not make the "framework" mistake.

Aaron W. LaFramboise